Thank you for visiting this site. If you are considering representing yourself in the Family courts, then we are here to help you through the legal maze in a variety of areas of Family law, both in and out of court.
You can use our services if you:
- Don’t qualify for legal aid
- Can’t afford a solicitor
- Want low cost, practical and effective legal assistance
We can help you in many different ways:
- Initial advice through a free 15 minute telephone/email consultation
- Demystify the legal process to you
- offering advice in and out of court
- Considering your case and where possible advising on the most effective way to obtain the result you are seeking
- Drafting correspondence and legal documents and/or checking through those you have already prepared
- Negotiating a settlement
- Preparation of your case for court, statements, skeleton arguments, court bundles
- Sitting with you in court offering moral support and quiet guidance
- Doing most of the things that a lawyer will do
A McKenzie Friend can assist and accompany a litigant in person. What we cannot do is speak for you at court, sign court applications, letters, documents or start legal proceedings on your behalf.